Monday, July 4, 2011

Ready?

My name is Kristin, I'm 22 years old and I have this idea.

   Well, my boyfriend Dave and I have this idea. It's not going to happen for a few years but all of the wheels are in motion.  It all started when my roommates went on vacation. Dave and I were all alone, something we didn't like very much. After all, we were living in a house with four other people. And while we were alone, we realized something. We didn't want to be there anymore. We then set into motion to move out, we started looking up apartments in far away places like Arizona, California, Oregon, all the places out west that we wanted to go to.

   Then while on the internet one day, it hit me, Dave and I always wanted to travel, and we planned on it when we get older. But this idea is so crazy and yet it feels so right. We just got out of $4,000 worth of debt, we are getting tired of where we are, and we have been eating healthy (for the most part) and saving on groceries (also for the most part). All signs point to yes. Instead of waiting for a retirement that will never come by working our lives away in a retail store for 40 years, we are leaving our lives and stuff behind by gettting a small rv and travelling west. Now this really isn't that crazy of an idea, there are plenty of people doing this already. Some people on foot.

But, according to what society wants us to do. This is crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Kristin, I see you're brand new to the vandwelling community.You're right, you're going to get a lot of people asking why you would want to do something like this. You're also right that it's a great way to see the country. You're a good age for it too and if you have a significant other that wants to come, that's awesome! Come by ~ The Tuckerbag ~ and check out my links to the community. Ask questions, you'd be surprised what a tight knit group we are:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I read your blog all the time! Thanks, it's been a dream of mine for a long time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was reading Tuckerbag blog and decided to check yours out as well. I am not a vandweller yet :) But I am learning all I can about it for the time being. There are a lot of blogs and great sites out there to get you going. Good luck to both of you and I hope you enjoy the dream as much as the adventure. Jman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I've been doing a lot of research on types of rvs and people who have done it and are doing it. Maybe we will meet in passing whenever I set out in a few years! :D

    ReplyDelete